AI driven optics
Step up your game to seeing
further than anyone else with our smart lens.
High quality restoration
Apart from unique configuration of the fresnel lens in partnership with Aligned Research Group we provide the special method of distortion correction based on robust convolutional neural network.
Our methods give exceptional results in obtaining extra quality images in reasonable time.
The nature of the distortions is nonlinear. However, the best nonlinear filter for image reconstruction is our deep convolutional neural network, which gives us the better reconstruction without any visible artifacts.
About Our Story
Under a thorough supervision of 2 outstanding Russian specialists, Dr. Kazansky and Academician Soifer, talented engineers of Zenytsa team have joined forces with Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Moscow and Aligned Research Group to make this product possible.
All the members of the team have a great background in creating innovative products. We met while working on a project of surgical navigation system. After 10+ years working in different teams, we found a great opportunity to simplify process of obtaining magnified images of distant objects.
Dr. Artem Nikonorov holds Ph.D. in Computer Science and is an associate professor in Samara State Aerospace University. His research interest include image processing and pattern recognition, computational photography, machine learning, theory of high performance computations, and using GPGPU to solve computationally complex problems.
Сonstantine Bychenkov has more than ten years of hands-on experience in creating innovating products and managing internationally distributed teams and business operations. He worked in leading technology companies before co-founding Aligned Research Group, headquartered in California, USA.
Roman Skidanov received his Ph.D. in Physics & Maths (2007) from Samara State Aerospace University. He is a VP of the Samara Image Processing Systems Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IPSI RAS), holding a part-time position of professor at SSAU’s Technical Cybernetics department. His current research interests include diffractive optics, mathematical modeling, image processing, and nanophotonics.
1. A. Nikonorov, M. Petrov, S. Bibikov, Y. Yuzifovich, P. Yakimov, N. Kazanskiy, R. Skidanov, and V. Fursov, “Comparative Evaluation of Deblurring Techniques for Fresnel Lens Computational Imaging,” in Proc. ICPR 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICPR.2016.7899729<
2. M. Petrov, S. Bibikov, Y. Yuzifovich, R. Skidanov, A.Nikonorov, “Color correction with 3D lookup tables in diffractive optical imaging systems”, Procedia Engineering, 2016
3. A. Nikonorov, M. Petrov, P. Yakimov, V. Blank, S. Karpeev, N. Kazanskiy, R. Skidanov, “Evaluating imaging quality of the offner hyperspectrometer”, 9th IEEE IAPR Workshop on Pattern Recogniton in Remote Sensing, PRRS 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/PRRS.2016.7867020
4. Goshin, Y.V., Fursov, V.A., Iterative procedure for camera parameters estimation using extrinsic matrix decomposition, Proceedings of SPIE, Volume 9807, 2016, № 980713. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/12.2234789
5. A. Nikonorov, S. Bibikov, V. Myasnikov, Y. Yuzifovich, and V. Fursov, “Correcting color and hyperspectral images with identification of distortion model,” Pattern Recogn. Lett., vol.83, pp. 178-187, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2016.06.027
6. Nikonorov A., Skidanov R., Petrov M., Bibikov S., Fursov V., Yuzifovich Yu., “Fresnel Lens Imaging with Post-Capture Image Processing”, IEEE CVPR Computational Cameras and Displays workshop, Boston, 2015 https://www.cv-foundation.org/openaccess/content_cvpr_workshops_2015/W10/papers/Nikonorov_Fresnel_Lens_Imaging_2015_CVPR_paper.pdf
7. A. Nikonorov, S. Bibikov, M. Petrov, Y. Yuzifovich, Vladimir Fursov, Computational Correction for Imaging Through Single Fresnel Lenses, in Proc. of the 12th Intl. Conf. on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications, 2015. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7518113/
8. L. L. Doskolovich, P. N. Dyachenko, A. V. Gavrilov, D. I. Golovashkin, S. N. Khonina, V. V. Kotlyar, A. A. Kovalev, A. G. Nalimov, D. V. Nesterenko, V. S. Pavelyev, R. V. Skidanov, V. A. Soifer, Y. O. Shuyupova, Diffractive Nanophotonics, V. A. Soifer, ed., 704 pp. (CRC Press, 2014),ISBN: 9781466590694. https://www.crcpress.com/Diffractive-Nanophotonics/Soifer/p/book/9781466590694